Tuesday 28 July 2009

Why the logo?


The camps had been inspired to some degree, by a music camp that Avril had visited in South Africa. The logo we have today is adapted from theirs. It shows a black and a white face to indicate the importance of black people and white people coming together at the original camps in South Africa to make music together. You will also see various musical instruments. The fingers playing the trumpet were added by Avril's husband Les ( a famous trombone player himself).

When Avril handed the camps over to me about six years ago, and we became "The National Youth Music Camps" she said she would very much like us to keep the same logo which we have done.

1 comment:

  1. When I came to camp back in the early 80's we were given stickers with this logo on - I still have several of them stuck to my clarinet case (one for each year I went). Love the hoodies and t-shirts you have now though.

    ReplyDelete